>> Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Since my garden shed's construction was complete my updates have been less frequent. OK it's not really complete yet but the physical structure is finished. (Feel free to check out the YouTube slideshow on the shed's construction) There is a huge list of things I would like to add or improve on the shed and over time I'll be tackling them one at a time. As a busy stay-at-home dad it's tough to find times to get the shed worked on and take care of everything else that needs done. This past weekend I spent a little time tinkering and fixing up a few things on the inside to get it ready for winter.
Here's what I accomplished:
- Cut a cabinet to fit under the front left window.
- Moved a cabinet to fit a countertop.
- Cut and added countertops to the back cabinet, the front left window cabinet and one that fits in between the two recycled patio doors on the left side of the shed.
- I cleaned out some of the junk that was accumulating like old plastic sheets that I used for extra winter window insulation.
- Added a shelf.
- Added an old medicine cabinet to a wall. It has a mirror which will add a little reflectivity for light and has storage.
- Moved around a few pots.
Here's a few pictures of the inside of the shed:
On the back wall of the garden shed is a cabinet that until now was topless! Now it has a nice smooth working surface for potting, planting, or other projects with a great view of the woods behind us.