>> Tuesday, August 2, 2011
It's been a long long while since I've updated this page about my garden shed. Of course if you follow me on the main The Home Garden page you probably know why my garden activities have slowed down over the last couple months. I won't go into detail in this post but if you follow this link you'll see the main reason that gardening and my garden shed hasn't been a priority. This past weekend I was in the shed tinkering around and trying to see what work still needs done, and there is quite a bit to do.
Here's the list:
- Build the potting bench. I have three cabinets and several counter tops that needs sized and placed in the shed to become an elaborate potting bench. Ideally that will be the place where most of my potting is done.
- Clean up all the scrap wood. I'm a pack rat and can't ever throw anything that could conceivably be used for something away. I need to be brutal and clean out anything that doesn't need to be there out of the shed.
- Finish the flooring. I used brick for much of the floor but haven't run across any free bricks in a while. I will probably end up buying some paving stones to use in the unfinished spaces. They can always be replaced and reused somewhere else should I find a mother load of bricks.
- Paint the doors and windows. This was supposed to be my spring job but I was never able to get to it. I guess that will be my fall job.
- Plant the green roof overhang. This task has literally been hanging over my head now for some time.
- More shelves need built for the inside of the shed. Shelves for pots, shelves for plants, and shelves for anything else I could possibly think of.